“Health is wealth”– the proverb conveys how important it is to be healthy. With the rapid lifestyle changes and hectic schedule, people don’t have enough time to take care of their health these days.
Lack of physical activity affects health and leads to heart diseases, cancers, mental illness, diabetes, and many hormonal imbalances. A preventive health checkup becomes necessary to prevent the disease from getting serious. Prevention is always better than cure.
The aim of a Preventive Health Checkup is to detect illness at an early stage, thus identifying and minimizing the risk factors in time. It is only wise to invest in an annual Preventive Health Checkup package to ensure the long-term well being and proper health management. It is advisable that men above 35 years of age and women above 40 years of age should undergo annual Preventive Health Checkup or a Master Health Checkup.
A preventive Health Checkup provides many benefits to individuals. Some of them are listed below:
- A Preventive Health Checkup rescues you from the trouble of painful symptoms and medical procedures later by making you aware of the disease at an early stage and ensures early detection of health issues.
- It is more economical as compared to the expensive medical care charges of a hospital in case of an emergency.
- A regular Preventive Health Checkup helps you to take good care of yourself when you have a hectic life and have no time for any physical activity or visiting your doctor regularly.
- It helps you plan your diet and schedule accordingly and to take the required precautions.
Some major conditions that can commonly be identified by a Preventive Health Checkup or a Master Health Checkup are:
- Cancers of breast, prostate, and colon
- Diabetes and other metabolic diseases
- Coronary heart diseases
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol levels
- Mineral and vitamin deficiencies
- Overweight and obesity
A Preventive Health Checkup Package which comprises of several tests differs from one to other service providers and the number of tests in the package may also differ. Therefore, choose a complete health checkup package that includes most of the vital tests.
A preventive health checkup package usually comprises of the following tests:
- General Body Health
- Complete Blood Count
- Urine Routine Examination
- Chest X-Ray
- Ultrasound: Abdomen and Prostate
- Cardiac Screening
- Echo Cardiogram
- Lipid Profile
- Diabetic Screening
- Fasting Blood Sugar
- General Random Blood Sugar
- Kidney Screening
- Blood Urea
- Serum Creatinine
- Liver Screening
- Liver Function Test ( Total bilirubin, Total protein, A/G Ratio, GGT/SGOT/SGPT, Alkaline phosphatase)
- Thyroid-TSH, T3, T4
- Uric acid
- Serum Calcium( females)
- Pap Smear( females)
- Consultation with physician
It can be difficult to take out time from your busy schedule to go to a healthcare lab and get all these tests done as they can be time consuming. You don’t have to worry at all. Almost all the healthcare practices worldwide these days are going online with appointment booking systems and samples can be collected from your doorstep. This online system is so convenient and potentially benefits the healthcare providers and their patients.
Read more…Best Health Checkup Packages for Men
Bookings, cancellations, re-bookings, follow-up reminders everything can now be handled very easily without all the fuss while you relax at home. You can choose from the different options available based on what suits you the best.
Traditional appointment scheduling methods are time-consuming, slow and sometimes frustrating too. So, next time you go for a complete health checkup book your health checkup online.
The various benefits of booking your health checkup package online are as follows:
- Convenient and easy: It adds to your convenience if you book your Preventive health checkup package You can book the time slot for tests as per your comfort and time availability. It saves you from getting tired by standing in long queues for your turn.
- You get a reminder: If you have booked your appointment online, you will most probably get a reminder automatically through appointment scheduling system a day or two before your checkup. Thus, you can prepare yourself and do the needful accordingly.
- You can book your appointment anytime: With the traditional booking methods, you can book your appointment only during office hours. But online booking system allows you to book your appointment round the clock, no matter if the office is busy or closed.
- Saves resources: Online booking of your health checkup packages reduce documentation or filling up the form on paper. This saves paper, contributing to saving trees and making the environment healthy. You can also check your results online anytime and anywhere which saves your time.